Sunday, May 6, 2007

Left Right Right

Left RIght right is the way back to my hotel. That's pretty much how I'm remembering where I came from and where I'm going. So... after my twenty hour plane ride I finally made it here in the wee hours of the morning. It was around 3 am when I got into my hotel room, and I keep checking my watch to see what time it is in LA (it was about 12 noon.) The taxi ride was easy, it cost about 400 baht, which is standard I believe. At night I couldn't see much out my window, but this morning after I ate a quick breakfast of coffee and rice, I started walking around outside in the 100 degree heat and taking everything in. Right now I don't know how to describe it. I walked out to see some monks getting out of a taxi to check in, I assume. On every doorstep there is someone sleeping in the heat with his shirt off. Today is Monday so everyone is wearing yellow in honor of the royal family. That's how you can tell the tourists from the citizens here. I met a girl with bright red hair who showed me the way to this internet place where I can stay here for an unlimited amount of time for only 20 baht. So now I know where to go! Downstairs there is a swanky cafe, and this entire street is chock full of tourists, street vendors selling fake dred wigs and little dresses, and loads of restaurants. Currently there is a little boy looking over my shoulder and reading this. I don't know him. I digress.
So I don't have much to do today until 6, when I meet the rest of the travel group. There is a pool at my hotel so I might just hang around there until it's time to meet up. Then again, I might buy some shorts or a skirt because it's hot as a mofo out here. All is well over here, I wanted to let you know as soon as I could. I miss you guys already, but I'm sure I'll snap out of it in a day or two. :)
Love, Katie

No comments:

foggy mornings

Back in college I would occasionally get up early and sit on a bench that was carved out of a massive tree trunk and smoke cigarettes with m...